Donald first appeared in cartoons starring himself and Mickey Mouse, and has become a world-known, and popular character since then, at one point, overshadowing Mickey himself. His commonly credited first appearance is "The Wise Little Hen", a silly symphonies cartoon in which Donald fakes a stomach ache to get out of helping a neighbor plant and harvest corn.
Since then, Donald has grown as a character, known for massive temper tantrums and fits of rage. His girlfriend, Daisy Duck, constantly fuels this fire, intolerant of his anger issues and speech impediment. Donald also has three Nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, who go back and forth with dealing pranks on Donald, and vice versa. Among another of Donald's relatives, his uncle Scrooge, known as being the richest duck in the world. Donald appeared in comics starring Scrooge, as they travelled the world for treasure. Eventually, this became a TV Series known as Duck Tales, in which Donald joins the Navy, and asks Scrooge to watch his nephews, occasionally appearing in the series as a clumsy oaf, devoid of temper.
In Epic Mickey
Donald's robotic counterpart appears in "Bog Easy", Wasteland's counterpart to New Orleans Square at Disneyland. Like Goofy and Daisy, Donald's parts have been scattered in places inside the Lonesome Manor, and his quest requires that Mickey must retrieve them. Here are the location of his parts in the Lonesome Manor:
- 1. The first part is at the Library. It is hidden behind the walls when you first enter the Library (where there are moving shelves).
- 2. The second part is at the Ballroom. Thin both walls on the left and right side of the Ballroom. There should be two pressure buttons on each wall. Use anvils to press them on. The turntables will begin to float. Jump on them to reach the higher platform (some kind of balcony). Jump to the platform on your left. There should be a blue chest holding Donald's part.
- 3. The third part is at the Attic. Jump up to the upper trolley track, run down the track until you reach the wooden platform where a blue chest will be. Which will contain Donald's part.
- 4. The last part will be given by the Lonesome Ghosts if you repaired the Organ at the Ballroom.
- Later, if Donald has been put back together, it is shown that a Spatter was playing with a Donald voodoo doll, which, of course, was having an effect on Donald. Donald also gives the player a quest to tell Pirate Moody to fix his boat in OsTown.
In the Good Ending, Donald was seen talking with a Gremlin, only to be scared by a ghost. Donald then goes into one of his famous temper tantrums on the ghost. In the Bad Ending, a Spatter can be seen crawling and gnawing on Donald's container as he is still trapped without a body.
Epic Mickey: Tales of Wasteland
""Mickey Mouse has a couple of intrepid pals who don't seem to have anything better to do than share his adventures, so why not Oswald? That was certainly the Lucky Rabbit's thinking when he cobbled together spare animatronic parts and fashioned his very own versions of Donald Duck and the inimitable Goofy.
Sure, they look kind of creepy, but their mechanical hearts are in the right place (or at least pretty close; Goofy's heart might be closer to where his spleen should be, and you don't wanna know where his brain is.) And yeah, they know they're not the originals. But that doesn't make them any less devoted to Oswald than the real versions are to Mickey, and always ready for whatever misadventure he has in mind!" Animatronic Donald is major character in the Epic Mickey: Tales of Wasteland (digi)comics. These comics are a prequel to Epic Mickey and take place before the Thinner Disaster. He helps Oswald and Animatronic Goofy in their struggle to clean the clocktower in "Clock Tower Cleaners". Joins Oswald in his dare with Pete (together with Goofy) to stay a night in Lonesome Manor in "One Scary Night". Get's into a fight with Oswald when Oswald takes on a duck person a in "Oswald the Lucky Duck" and competes with Oswald and Horace in "The Rubbish Cup".
"Those mechanical - ! Broke me - !
"I've been having stomach aches. It's because of this doll."