Beetleworx are enemies created by the Mad Doctor. Beetleworx are first introduced at Mickeyjunk Mountain. Beetleworx used to help out in the Wasteland, but the new units serve as soldiers and attack anything in their way. They're also programmed to hate Mickey, but can be turned friendly if Oswald reprograms them with his Remote in the second game. They are largely immune to paint, but it can gum up their works and slow them down. The best way to destroy them is to thin out their Toon shells and hit the green weak spot, and repeat until they break. However, it is sometimes possible to slowly sneak up behind them and attack the spot before they can paint in their armor. This is good for keeping Tints, because destroying their shell will fill Mickey's Guardian gauge with green thinner. However, it can take a lot longer to defeat them this way, and it doesn't work well for more than one at a time.
Because Oswald felt Mickey stole his fame and popularity, he was given types of Beetleworx made by the Mad Doctor that looked like Mickey's friends Donald, Daisy, and Goofy, to make him feel better. These are shown to be very friendly towards Mickey, since they were made before the Blot Wars. They have personalities very similar to Mickey's real friends. They are found in pieces scattered through the Wasteland, and can either be repaired, in which case they become friends, or left as they are.
Types of Beetleworx
Hoppers are the simplest and most common variety of Beetleworx. If they see Mickey, they will attempt to get close to him in order to attack with their buzzsaw head. They can be defeated by thinning their toon shell and using a Spin Move on them, or by pushing them into either an endless pit or a Thinner pool.
Spinners are common spider-like Beetleworx. When they see Mickey, they will first retreat to form their toon armor then chase him with their spinning buzz-saws. In order to defeat them, Mickey will have to stun them by thinning their toon armor and then spin attack twice at their weak spot.
Tankers are a powerful range-type Beetleworx. If they see Mickey, they will attempt to shoot him with paint and thinner from a distance or will attempt to ram him with one of its cannons if too close. If Mickey is to thin its toon armor off, it will raise its body and shoot both paint and thinner while spinning in a slow circle. In this short phase, Mickey will have to spin attack its weak spot on the back three times.
Bashers are humanoid Beetleworx wielding swords. They attack by charging in front of Mickey and slashing their blade at him. Thinning their armor will result in its weak backside after attempting to attack Mickey by spinning, but will recover with another attack if not hit soon enough. Mickey will need to spin attack the weak spot three times for it to be destroyed.
Lifters are a scrapped variety of Beetleworx that were intended to appear in Epic Mickey but were cut due to time restraints and low memory storage. They were designed to grab Toons with the claw on their back and drag or toss them into a thinner pool or off an edge. 
- Concept art of a large Beetleworx with a Blot-like face might have served as some inspiration for the Blotworx in the Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.
- In Epic Mickey 2, both the scrapped Beetleworx, the Hades head Tanker and Tea Cup Spinner, can be found by visiting the Train Tunnels after defeating the Mad Doctor.
- Except for the Hopper found underneath Ostown, the Beetleworx in Epic Mickey 2 can only be reprogrammed in single player mode by having Oswald reprogram the access point connected to the Beetleworx generators that needs to be painted in or individually by using their weak spots.
- Epic Mickey/Debug Leftovers. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved on February 22, 2021.
- @chasejonez (July 18, 2020). "We only had so much time to do a limited set of characters so they didn’t make the final cut. This version was far along but variants would be needed and it would take up part of the memory budget that we didn’t have room for.". Via Twitter.
- @chasejonez (July 18, 2020). "They throww Mickey into the air possibly off of an edge or into thinner.". Via Twitter.