Costumes are items that appear in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two which can change Oswald's and Mickey's abilities. Mickey and Oswald can change into the Costumes at the Haberdasher Shop (Hat Shop). They can be purchased at the Hat Shop or found in Treasure Chests.
There are separate costumes for both Mickey and Oswald. Each costume is in 3 pieces and all 3 must be obtained before they can be worn. In Epic Mickey 2 there are 10 costumes (11 costumes in the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U versions, PlayStation Vita, and PC versions) in total, meaning both Oswald and Mickey each have 5 costumes (6 costumes for Mickey in the non-Wii versions).
|Knight||Game Original, but based on the Oswald cartoon, Oh, What A Knight||
|Mad Doctor||Game Original, but based on 'The Mad Doctor'||
|Gremlin||Game Original, but based on a generic blue Gremlin's outfit.||
|TRON||Game Original, but based on the movie and game 'TRON'||
|Track Suit||Game Original||
|Sorcerer's Apprentice (PS3, 360, and Wii U versions only)||From The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment from Fantasia and Fantasia 2000||
|Firefighter||Based on Mickey's cartoon, Mickey's Fire Brigade||
|Brave Little Tailor||Based on Mickey's cartoon of the same name||
|Steamboat Willie||Based on Mickey's cartoon of the same name||
|Football||Based on Mickey's cartoon, Touchdown Mickey||
|Construction Worker||Based on Building a Building, but in color||
These can not be equipped but can be obtained for a quest. They are the outfits from the different areas in the first game.
In The Mad Doctor's Attic, when Mickey thins out the walls on corners, various unknown costumes appear and look as if they could fit Big Bad Pete, or a large sized-character. The costumes are actually Pete's old outfits from various cartoons.
- It is ill-advised to wear the Brave Little Tailor Costume while working on Scrap Metal-related task such as fixing broken buildings, as the costume converts salvaged metal into cloth.
- The Wizard Hat (part of the Sorcerer's Apprentice costume) is the first costume piece obtained.
- Mickey's ears are realigned while wearing Brave Little Tailor, Construction, and Sorcerer costume. For the Football and Firefighter costume, the ears clip through the headgear.
- Interestingly, regarding Mickey's ears, when he wears a costume other than his original outfit, his ears become "rigid" and don't appear to "move around" his head to remain in view when he is viewed from different angles.
- All of Mickey's costumes are based on his original cartoons while Oswald's are based on other Disney series and one of his own cartoons (Oh What a Knight).
- The costumes are helpful depending on which one you're wearing like for example, if you need lots of scrap metal, the construction outfit is the right match.
- If a costume piece was purchased before finding it in a chest, some pins will be earned instead.
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice Costume is unavailable on the Wii version of the game. Instead, there is a special feature after the game has been beaten.