Health Upgrades are power-ups in the games. In the main games, they resemble common health-refilling power-ups, a pink version of Mickey's head with a white heart in the main "head."
In Epic Mickey
There are five of them in the first game, and each one permanantly increases the number of Mickey's health pips by one. Each one is obtained by a different method.
- Given by the Usher for turning in 28 Film Reels. (Can only be obtained once per file)
- Can be purchased at Paulie's Ice Cream Shop in Mean Street for 250 E-Tickets after Mickey returns from Tomorrow City.
- Given by Oswald if Mickey gives him Ortensia's Locket.
- Can by purchased at Shopkeep Travis' Shop in Ventureland for 250 E-Tickets if Mickey fixed/destroyed Hook's Machine and caused the pirates to leave.
- Given by Gus for free in front of the Projector Screen leading to Mean Street from OsTown after the Battle of Ostown.
In Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
In the sequel, the Health Upgrades return, and can only be bought at shops such as the Emporium. In certain shops, the more health upgrades you buy for Mickey and Oswald, the more expensive they will be.
In Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- It's possible to have a total of ten health pips in one playthrough of Epic Mickey. However, since one of them can only be obtained once per file, it's only possible to have nine health pips for every subsequent playthroughs after that.