- This article is about the forgotten version of Smee found in the main games. For the character living in the Toon World, see Smee (Power of Illusion).
In Epic Mickey
Smee is first seen crying in the hub-world of Ventureland. He explains to Mickey that he and the other pirates have left the Pirates of the Wasteland region because of a machine that turns pirates into Beetleworx Bashers. He will hand Mickey Mouse the mission to stop this machine that is turning pirates into robots in the mission world, Pirates of the Wasteland. If Mickey manages to either destroy or reverse the machine, Smee will leave Ventureland to return to Tortooga. If it was left alone or that the pumps were filled with Thinner for each one, they remain in Ventureland. He is last seen celebrating with the other Wasteland toons at the end.
In Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
"Smee - The second mate of the Jolly Roger, he is soft-hearted, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a pirate - as fond of treasure as any of them." Epic Mickey Facebook page description
In Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Smee returns once again in Ventureland. His role in this game is significantly less than the previous game. He will request that Mickey locate Animatronic Hook's clothes.
- The version of Smee in the Wasteland is a rejected design based on concept art from Peter Pan. The stripes on his shirt and the color of his hat are reversed- the Smee from the film had blue stripes and a red hat. This caused a bit of confusion with gamers and fans who at first did not notice this small detail.
- The Cartoon World counterpart of this "rejected" Smee appears in Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion.
- Smee is one of only three characters who makes an appearance in all Epic Mickey games.
- After completing The Door in Ventureland, Smee can no longer be talked to until the next time Mickey visits Ventureland. The A button graphic displays over his head when approached, but pressing it doesn't initiate a conversation.